The Dispatcher serves as the primary liaison between our customers and our drivers, leveraging excellent communication skills to deliver a world-class customer service experience. This individual will cultivate relationships with both parties to reduce stresses that come with any last-minute changes, as well as forecasting days and weeks ahead to ensure that employees are maximizing time and mileage as well as providing prompt and convenient service. The dispatcher is responsible for timely dispatch and close of all work orders. This role will require the ability to work well independently as well as within a team environment.
- Determine the appropriate availability of equipment and amount of personnel for each work order or specifications received from customers.
- Dispatch drivers/trucks to appropriate locations according to customer requests, truck specifications and/or availability.
- Relay information to supervisors and drivers, via messaging, telephone and radio communications.
- Advise personnel about traffic problems such as construction areas, accidents, congestion, weather conditions, and other hazards.
- Adjust schedule as needed throughout the day.
- Manage and track driver’s attendance and time-off requests.
- Assign newly hired drivers to trainers and equipment.
- Ensure jobs are entered timely and accurately into Haul-It dispatch system.
- Update driver status in Track-It as needed.
- Communicate daily dispatch assignments to all necessary personnel and post in driver’s board.
- Communicate updates regularly.
- Follow up on daily paperwork to ensure it is correct.
- Be available to work weekends and overtime, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum one-year dispatch experience preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Proficient knowledge of Phoenix and surrounding areas.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations, including hours of service.
- Intermediate to advanced skill set of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Basic competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow. Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm..
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Must be able to lift 100 pounds.