The Warehouse Associate is responsible for all aspects of warehouse functions including the receiving, storing, handling, shipping and preparing of product for customer delivery while maintaining the warehouse in a safe and orderly fashion.
- Receives equipment coming into the warehouse accurately and promptly.
- Verifies the quantity and description of equipment received by checking against order.
- Examine incoming equipment and report damaged items.
- To accurately place materials on shelves, in racks or other designated storage areas in an orderly manner.
- Enter quantity received against the purchase order in the computer system and print back order and inventory stock put away list.
- Attaches identifying tag or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers.
- Assembles and fills orders to be shipped to customers.
- Review all orders to determine if they were picked correctly.
- Ensure warehouse/equipment is maintained on a regular basis.
- Safely operate all the necessary equipment in work area.
- Accurately identify and count stock materials as listed on the work order.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Warehouse and distribution experience preferred.
- Able to withstand temperatures in a typical warehouse environment.
- Must be able to lift 30+ lbs.
- Able to be on their feet for upwards of 8 hours a day.
- Position spends 90% amount of time standing, walking, lifting, pulling and pushing.
- Position may require climbing of ladders for top-level selection.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Be able to identify product by size, type, style, color or product code.
- Solid reading skills - must be able to read orders/match orders on shipping tickets to items picked.
- Ability to understand and execute instructions.
- General understanding of the warehouse and footprint.